Friday, July 15, 2011

Sweet Words


Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

My husband and I have a friend who is a beekeeper;  and I have to tell you, the honey his bees make is the best I think I've ever had. The store bought kind in the plastic bears pale in comparison.  The natural, raw honey is different to the taste; with just the right about of sweetness- thick, richer in color. It just oozes when poured out of that mason jar. 

When I think about the instruction God gives in Proverbs 16:24 regarding my words, and how God compares pleasant words to a honeycomb; I had to ask myself...  Are my words sweet and oozing out of my mouth like honey... or do I have to struggle to squeeze them out drop by drop?

I feel there are times I speak kind words to enrich someone else out of a natural concern and love- then there are the times I'm just processing  rote gestures of kindness for my own ulterior motives.  It's a matter of the real stuff vs the watered down. 

God's word says in John 1:1  and Revelation 19:11-13 that Jesus is the word
 John 1:1
 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(and in)
Revelation 11-13
11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14

Jesus is the rider on the white horse, the true word-  A  living word that transcends time,eternally imbued with power to redeem the soul,and bring healing (resurrection)
to our bones.


I know God gifted me with the Holy Spirit when I became a believer;  my teacher who will supernaturally transform my mind to the mind of Christ - if - I choose to allow the Holy Spirit to teach me. 


So today I pray: 
"Holy Spirit, teach me how to choose pleasant words that will
bring sweetness and healing to the listener.
 Amen".



1 comment:

  1. Sweet words that weave lessons of life are evidence of the truth of double grace. CAY

    ReplyDelete