Friday, October 22, 2010

Prayer Journal


I started sending my daughter Rose a daily Bible verse now that she is so far away attending college in  Malibu. This morning I sent her this picture with the verse from Isaiah 40:8. She has been busy studying for mid terms and says she has little time for too much else.

I reminded her of the importance of spending time with God, and how we actually become more focused and better prepared  in our daily activities if we make the time available for God.  I know 10 minutes with God is worth more than 30 minutes of extra sleep. He will energize us supernaturally.

God warns us of the danger of living spiritually lukewarm lives; the result is that the world will conform us and that is exactly where the enemy wants us. God desires transformation through prayer, and the study of His word.  This transformation is a lifelong process and cannot be taken in part and reap the benefits full time.

Here's the cool thing God showed me. Later today I was going through some storage boxes and opened up a Prayer Journal from March 2006.  The verse I had written down to meditate on was the same message, but written slightly different in 1Peter. It was the first thing I read on the page. The exact verse I sent Rose.
"The grass withers, the flower fades..."

 I know God planned and purposed for this to happen. I have been been concerned about not being too preachy with my daughter and allowing her to seek God as her heart desires. However I also know I am called to continue to spiritually mentor all those who God has placed in my care.

I have been praying to God with an earnest heart the last few months to show me where the balance is in my discipleship role with my daughter, and today was a joy to see once again that He cares and loves me so much that he answered that prayer.

Below is a copy of the page in my journal. I hope it blesses the reader that God also leads to this page.


1 comment:

  1. I love that!! It is so cool how God helps us choose certain things. You know it was Him that helped you find that journal and make you turn to that page! It is always so heart warming when that happens, like a hug from our Lord!!
    Thanks so much for sharing this and I will be praying for your daughter. Going to school is so scary and doing it far away can be hard too. I pray she will do well and still be able to find that time with God!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete