Monday, January 25, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME


A House Divided
...a Vision

I know a house divided will fall and crumble.

The stress fracture, the upheaval of the abrupt comings and goings, and the strong winds of indifference blowing in all directions.

One day a gale of hurricane force will wear down and scatter this weakened house.

I see the aftermath of this great storm. Debris and rubble, mixed with treasures. Everything is scattered in all seven directions.

Just beyond the place where the home had been, I see a beautiful oak tree still standing, it's trunk and branches majestic.

I look back at the rubble and wonder who will pick up the pieces. Will the owner rebuild again? How... when they are bankrupt?

Off in the distance I see a man walking down the road. He is dressed simply, his gait is strong and his face is kind and smiling. The morning sun illuminates behind his body and a warm glow is cast onto the cool of the day.

He walks to the center of the debris of this home. I now see a young woman crying, he kneels beside her. She takes his hand and without a word spoken she rises up with him.

Together they walk to the tree and I see what lies beneath this tree- a fruit I have never seen before. The man speaks to her and she begins to gather this fruit and walk down a hill to a stream.

Beside the stream sits a man crying out in pain, yet there are no apparent wounds. She kneels beside him and the man with the kind face kneels also.

Again, without a word spoken they all rise up. The man with the kind face throws the fruit into the water and speaks one word, "Forgiven".

He walks across the water, stopping in the center of the strong current. He speaks again, "Follow me", and the river becomes quiet and still.

In the distance I hear the call of bird, a sound of beauty; like music to my ears. Hesitantly, I follow as they walk through the waters.

I reach for his hand and step out upon the water. It feels like silk, floating silk... gently across my feet. The pebbles are smooth and the walk is effortless.

The man who calmed the water has gone ahead. I can see him standing on the other side, the beautiful bird perched upon his shoulder.

I walk to the bank and up a knoll, into a serene meadow. There are thousands of flowers everywhere, and in the center a rock protrudes. The man is standing upon the rock.

He speaks, strong and direct, "Upon this rock build your house, go now and live in harmony... live in God".

I fall gently down into the soft grass and into a deep sleep of peace, dreaming of angels, flying all around singing and praising God. Another child has come home.

...home to the heart of the man. Home to Jesus, the Rock of salvation.

Home, sweet home.

.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Heaven, when I had cancer I experinced similarity of my dreams to yours.
    May of 94 I was in the operating room at Kennasaw General, I remember that while being under sedation that I dreamed that my mother and I were walking in a meadow of wild flowers holding hands laughting and talking. When I heard a weak but loving voice calling my name. Mother kissed me and said the time has come for me to leave. Then within a few minutes I awoke in the arms of a beautiful teary eyed angel that happened to be my wife. We layed, hugged, and kissed for what seemed as an eterinty.

    In one my dreams, I was sitting on a rock besides still waters a stranger approached wearing a robe with a hood that covered most of his face, then he began to speak but his words were in parables. This dream I shared with my fellow Deacons and church elders before asking the pastor resign. I hope that my story hasn't bored you. God will answer our prayers if we only listen. your friend, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your dream. I know God speaks to us through our dreams and visions. What a beautiful memory to have during this difficult time in your life. You are so right that we must listen more and talk less.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible blog, and such heart felt writings of insight and Inspiration. That picture must be the gal who authored those posts... wow, she is absolutely gorgeous. Somebody, somewhere, is a very lucky man to be blessed with such a beautiful Christian woman like her! I pray that he treasures her and loves her with the tender mercies she is no doubt deserving of!

    ReplyDelete