Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stand II

Continuing on my July 4th theme of standing- I ran across a beautiful video and song on YouTube that was put together by a student in memory of a class mate who passed away from a malignant brain tumor. It touched me so much I wanted to share it with you.


It reminded me of how important it is to take the time, which is so fleeting, to appreciate the significance of loving and standing by our friends, families, and neighbors in their time of need. Jesus stood in the gap for all mankind, so that we can be in right standing again with God, and enjoy eternity with him. 


Our little momentary sufferings and sacrifices will never come close to what Christ gave for us. He gave EVERYTHING. Sadly, many will walk away from this free gift, by refusing to just believe and accept.  Yes, how very sad for those who say no to Christ. They will never know how much they missed. EVERYTHING.


This video reminds me too of how life on this earth is so short. The Bible says in James 4:14- "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.


So true, evidence by the passing of a young person before their time.... or was it?


1 comment:

  1. Your words and insights continue to inspire me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete