Monday, September 13, 2010

Know God's Word

BEAUTIFUL

Today I meditated on Chapter 8 in Romans.

This chapter is so rich in God's character, his love, his redemption story, his plans and purpose for his children. I feel the testimony of Paul is powerful enough to bring the lost to belief and repentance, and to give them a hope and a future filled with joy.

Paul the writer, inspired by God through his own experiences and by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit so beautifully explains the relationship of God towards his people and creation. I will highlight some favorite verses and encourage you to read the whole chapter in it's entirety soon for your own enlightenment.

The book begins with a powerful statement written by Paul, the apostle. He says:

1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

2 because the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,

4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Here God promises all believer's that we do not have to live defeated in our natural, sinful state, instead we can find hope in knowing he will not condemn us. Jesus took our sins as the sin offering, to set us free.

but..

We must live according to the spirit.(v4) One way to do this is to know the scripture and use it in your daily life. I find this verse 1 very powerful to memorize and use against the enemy when he whispers those lies of past mistakes, and sin, and self defeat in my mind.

Instead of listening, I start proclaiming verse 1-out loud..

..For there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus

and he will have to flee immediately. I will have the victory.
I will not be tricked by the devil's lies.
God desires for me to live free from shame, guilt, sorrow and depression.

I can know the liar is at work in my mind whenever thoughts are contrary to God's word.
How do I know that..

know God's word.

The scriptures speak only truth and life.
The mind of Christ, available as a benefit to all believers,
will set you free from these negative mind games.

however..

You must study and know God's promises. You must equip yourself with the sword of the spirit, the word of God (Ephesians 6:17) Another good book to meditate and memorize verses.

So, remember..

The scripture will strike down the wiles of the devil.
The word of God must be read and spoken.
Study and meditate, to bond yourself to the truth.

There are many other benefits to study and meditation.
I plan to share more in a future post.
God bless and be encouraged knowing..

..the battle is already won. You just have to claim it.

and that's a promise..

..from God.



6 comments:

  1. I love this post!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!! Wish I had more time tonight but I am going to study that tomorrow! Wonderful and powerful verses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I share a link to this post on Thursday? (doing wordfilled Wed. tomorrow)

    I went real quick to bible gateway and looked it up and wow!!! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lynn for sharing. Your words were a great comfort. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn,
    So nice to meet you! Love your post!
    Hugs
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so blessed to be a blessing. Encouraged by your comments. God bless you and your families for standing on the word of God.

    ReplyDelete