Friday, January 8, 2010

Life's Road Map

Moving Forward

I have crossed over the bridge of yesterday and I am fully aware of the here and now. The vista ahead shines brightly; a landscape of sheep grazing on the highlands.

The hills do not seem as daunting as the rugged peaks of the past paths I ventured down. I feel strangely new yet somewhat lost without my wall of yesterday blinding my sight. Instead I can see clearly, for miles down this path of many turns and twists. Which way do I go? Where am I going? What purpose now directs me? I need a road map.

I decide to do what wisdom would suggest doing when one is lost. I sit down and rest and pray for guidance. A vision comes to me of the shepherd David tending his sheep, through many seasons of seeking God in his writings and songs.

I know now what I must do. I take from my backpack my journal and pen. I write what comes to my mind. My dreams, my loves, my passions, my gifts, my talent, my calling. I ask God to show me the way of my life's purpose. The road map begins to appear with each stroke of the pen.

I see clearly now the pathway I will walk, one step at a time into the future. I have a deep sense of well being knowing that I have the Master Shepherd leading..

No comments:

Post a Comment