Wednesday, December 16, 2009

OVERCOMING FEAR

To overcome the fear of failure I must take a broader look at some of the subtle fears I have. I have listed these and now the work begins. The question comes "Why and when did this fear become my constant companion?"

I know that before I can climb higher into this mountain I must sit here on a rock; beside the stream of past sins, hurts, pains and regrets.
The rock is uncomfortable but I know that without this time of reflection I will not stay the course of this upward climb. The weight of the baggage will wear me down and I will head back into the valley of my predictable discomfort.

I start with childhood and look at experiences that have haunted me. I must see these now as an adult and realize the truth and discard the falsehood of what I have held on to. The evil one in this world would prefer I not do this ; so I seek the Saviors help in this cleansing. I must toss the lies, deceptions and dependency of each experience into the stream.

I can write down the positive things I learn and answer the question, "How could I change this outcome if this experience were to cross my path again?" I could seek the counsel of the Good Book that I have in my backpack. I can kneel and pray until I feel all the pain slipping into the stream. I can wait and listen for the call of God to beckon me to keep moving....

I have left the stream which leads back down the mountain and I now enter into the meadow of solution. I feel lighter and stronger and my senses much keener. I hear the call of the eagle and I know that I can continue on this walk and not grow weary. I can run and not fall down. The climb is becoming easier and the peaks ahead
do not seem to worry me today

2 comments:

  1. Follow in our Master footsteps, the light will be brighter and the picture shall become clearer, in the end you'll find a friend.
    God's speed, my prayers will be with you during the journey of life for ever & ever. You do have the strenght to continue on, trust in Bruce to be your protector and shepard you through the roller-coaster of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete