Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fear

Fear
The #1 Killer of Dreams: Fear of Failure

In Steven K. Scott's book we are told that we begin to learn this fear as young children and it will have fully developed by high school graduation.

It can be passed down from generation to generation. It ingrains our subconscious and cripples our emotional maturity.

This is where the beginning of settling for a life of mediocrity begins.
Our hopes, dreams and achievements are compromised by this imaginary boundary we live within.

The first mountain on my journey of taking back my dreams begins here. This mountain named FEAR has always loomed over me and I have walked in the shadow of this large obstacle all my life. There have been times in my life where I have hiked up almost to the top and then turned back for fear of falling. That fear of failing.

Today I examined the very fears that I have marched around for a lifetime. Fear of failure has been masked by my perfectionism and over controlling behaviors. These chains have kept me back in areas of my life I should have left far behind by now. I know deep inside that I have many strengths, abilities and God given talents.

Fear of rejection looms large in many peoples lives....I am no stranger to this relationship crippler. I have stumbled on the rocks of these subtle fears and have lost out in experiencing the exhilaration and joy of expression and the mental and physical stimulation of connecting with another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment