Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reflections






fruits of the spirit

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control
Galatians 4: 22 (RSV)



Love

Love is the way to open the heart, to transform the mind.
Practice love; it is a great lesson given by a great Teacher.


Joy

Jesus Others Yourself

Joy is the God given cement that secures the harmony and beauty of the mosaic of life.


Peace

I am leaning on Jesus; he heals me of all my fears and insecurities.
I have peace in the middle of storms knowing that He is the Captain.


Patience

God calls me sometimes to wait, the quick and easy is not always God's way. God is however always working in the moment of my every microsecond.



Kindness

Blessed to be a blessing, acts of kindness passed from one to another.
My motives must remain pure.


Goodness

Outside of the finished work of the cross and my belief in Jesus there would be no goodness within me.


Faithfulness

I must remain connected to the vine and live my life faithful to the Gardener.
I grow in faith through my trust. True faith develops faithfulness.


Gentleness

Be kind to one another for the days are short and the years fly by. Do not let the sun go down and be angry with anyone. Tomorrow may be too late.


Self-Control

I must die to myself and rise up new and led by the Holy Spirit. My transformation cannot occur unless I yield my will to God's will.






2 comments:

  1. I really like this. Now that we are a week into the Daniel fast, I am enjoying all the scripture that I am reading. Really felt God's presence today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gentleness, may be the answer that you've been in search of. Concentrate on the last sentence of the passage. God Bless a friend

    ReplyDelete