Friday, September 28, 2012

God Watching





Last winter asleep in my bed, in the quiet of an early morning, hours before sunrise, my eyes opened from a deep sleep, and I  felt the quiet of a peaceful stillness. As my eyes began to focus, I saw a warm glow from a light shining through the window spilling over onto the carpet.

Looking up, without  a twitch of muscle or movement, except for my searching eyes, I could see the source of this soft light, a full moon. I instantly knew then, from the depths of my heart, that the Creator of that moon, my Father in Heaven was watching over me, with all the tender loving care a father can give through the dark of night. The fullness of God's character was shining right over me. Why? Because he loves me. I could feel it covering me like a warm blanket on a cold night.


I know that same feeling of a loving parent watching over their child; often I too would slip into my sleeping childs room at night to check on her, to see that all was well. Standing quietly, motionless beside her bed, an overwhelming love would fill my heart, and mesmerized I would watch her- breathing little baby breaths, smell the scent of freshly powdered skin, and admire the beauty of the intricate details God designed. I would marvel how this life was blessed to me as caregiver, guardian, teacher, and parent. Oh, how the love would spill out of my heart and I would touch her little back, and resist the desire to hold her, and share this feeling.- content instead to watch her lie in sweet dreams.


I am sure that was Gods intent as well that early morning, to be content to watch over me as I slept there peacefully- yet the magnitude of His love and care is so strong, it opens eyes instantly, turns darkness to light, and peace to anyone's night. This is God's divine nature. He is the embodiment of every good thing created, and so my spirit was quick to wake, for it knows the Father- and seeks Him. I felt secure, loved, cared for and special to know that God is personal and watches over me. How blessed to be in the fold, how marvelous that I can see and feel the darkness turn instantly to wonderful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment